Layering necklaces, like layering clothes, is an art form. First we had arm candy where you layer bracelets and watches, now layering necklaces has been labeled as a jewelry trend of 2014. With the right proportions and styles you can really enhance any outfit. Let’s look at some of the styles.
Simple but cute. The delicate layered necklace look is something to wear to work or can be wore with a simple outfit. With dainty and delicate pieces you want to use different pieces such as linear or circular pieces. Make sure the necklaces are an 1 ½” apart so they won’t become tangled.
Make a statement with layered chunky necklaces. You want to take necklaces that you would normally use as a single statement necklace and pair them together. You can also pair chunky pieces with delicate pieces for an added sense of style. Length is important, you want to make sure that the necklaces aren’t laying on top of each other. Remember it must be a layered effect.
Layering necklaces could be a difficult thing to do. But with anything practice makes perfect. If you are not sure if you’re pairing your necklaces correctly you can always purchase necklaces that have already don’t the job for you. Find a necklace that has different colors, metals, shapes, and sizes and show a layering effect and Voila, you’ve got yourself a layered necklace.
Things to Remember
1. Proportion is key.
2. Color doesn’t usually matter.
3. Pair necklaces that have different shapes/pendants.
4. It is okay to mix metals and mix metal tones (gold with silver or silver with gun mental)
5. Don’t be afraid to mixing textures (leather with braided cords or metal with cord).
6. When all else fails, buy a layered necklace.
7. And most importantly do everything with confidence and fun. Fashion is all about having fun and being confident in yourself.